All that Jaz. No it is not about Jazz, or anything close to music. It is about my walk with God. How I jazz along with God on this road called life.

Thursday, February 12, 2015

"I want that!"

"I want that!"

Have you ever came a cross that child who throws himself on the floor at a grocery store, "I want that!!! I want to get the candy!!" Mom with a cartload full of groceries, a toddler and a baby in tow, says softly, "honey, not this time, we already have plenty of candy at home...." The child ignores that gentle reminder, keeps on kicking and screaming. Mom walks off to another aisle, leaving the unrelenting child.... kicking and screaming.

I have been that child. The child who wanted something so bad that she had to get her way or else she would stay on that floor, kicking and screaming.

And so I went on throwing a tantrum for the last week, begging God to give me the job I thought I deserved. Growing bitter as the hope of the new job dissipates with days passed without any news from my potential employer, I became that stubborn child on the floor of a grocery store.

Today, as I was working out, an image appeared. I saw a mother taking the hand of the worn-out child, and together they were walking out of the grocery store, both smiling. That child is me. God is taking my hand, reassuring me that I am His craftsmanship, created in Him to do good work. It may not be the "good work" I had hoped for, but He promised me what He could give is so much better than what the world could offer.

The child doesn't get the candy she so yearns for, but the mother has something far better in mind for her beloved child when they get home.


No comments: