All that Jaz. No it is not about Jazz, or anything close to music. It is about my walk with God. How I jazz along with God on this road called life.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

On Karyn Purvis's passing

Found out that the author of the "Connected Child," Karyn Purvis, whom I admired, passed away from cancer today. I was searching for the answer that whether she was a fellow believer. I always suspected that she was because of her wisdom and approach in dealing with children with traumas and hurt (from the videos I have seen of her). Was I glad to find out that she was indeed a believer! (From Focus on the Family). Not only was she a believer, I was astounded by the fact that she didn't get her doctorate until she was 53! She was propelled into academic fame after her proliferate research on and first hand experience with children who experienced trauma from abuse and neglect. The fact that she didn't accomplish so much until she was later in life gave me some hope amidst the gleam view of my aging life and stagnant career. I truly believe that her outstanding contribution to fostering families and foster children, despite her older years, was more or less the result of her christian faith!


No comments: