All that Jaz. No it is not about Jazz, or anything close to music. It is about my walk with God. How I jazz along with God on this road called life.

Monday, June 15, 2015

God doesn't have to speak through thunder and lightening bolts.

Awaken today by a horrific image in my dream, I found myself feeling hollow and weighted down.

My husband is currently experiencing a hurdle in his business that could have taken it down. I didn't find that out until very recently. In the past, such discovery would have sunken my ship, but my growing tenacity allows me to manage my emotions well, except during the wee hours of the mornings. I've been told once that the waking hours are the most fragile and vulnerable part of the day, at least emotionally. I reluctantly fall prey to such moments especially when life becomes challenging.

So this early morning in my dream I saw a clip of what appears to be a black/white movie where Japanese soldiers were putting on a "freak show" with the dead bodies of some Chinese civilians during WWII. Don't ask me how that dream came about. I haven't seen any documentary or war movies lately that could lead to that kind of gruesome imaginary. Awaken, I found myself wanting to scream for help, not from the aftermath of the dream, but from the dreadful and invisible load I am carrying from the circumstances surrounding me. I tried reading the Bible and praying but it didn't help.

Then God spoke through Rebecca

Not the Rebekkah from the Bible, but the Rebecca from the KCBI morning show. She happened to be reading a letter that she wrote to her morning show audience, right when I came out to the kitchen where the radio was turned on. When she shared that "nothing that is happening to you right now is a surprise to God," I found myself weeping, not with teardrops of fears, but teardrops that carry my fears away. I literally felt my stress level went down as teardrops came trickling down my face. That was the first time God "spoke" to me in the morning, on air but not with thunder or lightening bolts.

When I was driving to work, and there He spoke again. This time not through any audible means but through a beautiful rainbow behind the rain that penetrated through the glorious sunlight  -- my favorite kind of rain.

Didn't expect that and wasn't looking for any sign, but there it was!

Rainbow in the Bible means the covenant that God had with Noah, promising not to flood the whole world again. It also means that He is faithful.

Later in the day, my husband got a new client, unexpectedly!

Yes, He knows my plight, and he answers my prayers. "He knows the path that I take, and when He has tested me, I will come forth as gold." He is faithful even when we are faithless!



No comments: