All that Jaz. No it is not about Jazz, or anything close to music. It is about my walk with God. How I jazz along with God on this road called life.

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Prayer Journal 3/22/15

Today, we shared an analogy with Matthias about the power of the earthly forces, that it is easier for nonbelievers to pull you down than you pulling them up. Matthias shared that his friend Eric cusses a lot and we were brainstorming of ways for Matthias to be a positive influence instead of being "pulled down" by Eric. I am so thankful that we have this kind of spiritual discussion with him often, and prompts him to ponder upon the walk of a christian's life and the challenges that it brings.

I don't imagine many parents having such talks with their tweens or teens, and I am so very grateful that these kind of conversations come so naturally to us at the dinner table.

I also see that God is working in the life of my husband through his presentation on Colossians 3 today at Sunday School. I see that he could deliver a strong message which seemed to appeal to our brothers and sisters and hit home with many of them. It is constantly a struggle for me to see that my husband is growing in Christ. I am often haunted by the circumstances that our family went through due to many of the misguided directions that he took, and I at times lost hope in my own husband. Seeing him teach today certainly gave me a dose of confidence in God in shaping him to be a man that I have prayed for many years, a provider, protector and spiritual leader.

No comments: